The Kenya Film & TV Awards
The Kenya Film & TV Awards is a premier event to celebrate and recognize excellence in production of local Kenyan movies and stars. It will become a massive platform for the arts and culture, serving a s forum for fostering a truly celebrity culture in the film industry. It will be a razzmatazz, red carpet glitzy, sassy affair in line with the Emmy and Oscar Awards and a first for Kenya. The Kenya Film Commission intends it to be the event of the year which many will talk about for a long time.
The Kenya International Film Festival
The Kenya International Film Festival has come from a very humble beginning of a small local films festival to an international festival attracting films globally. The festival takes pride as the fastest growing festival in the region with the potential of becoming the leading festival in Africa. The mission of the festival is to challenge local filmmakers to contribute products which are indeed truly African and can transverse international borders.
they aim to promote a cinema culture in the Eastern Africa region by showing locally made films alongside international ones.
- The previous editions have created forums for networking and sharing ideas on:
- The technological and artistic development of the industry
- Identifying distribution networks both locally and internationally for regional filmmakers
- Building capacity for young filmmakers through mentor-ship and practical skills training
- Introducing regional films to international markets
- Creating forums for audiovisual practitioners to engage their current governments to support film development.
The Slum Film Festival
The Slum Film Festival is an innovative, community-based festival, featuring stories from, by, about people living in urban slums everywhere.
The Slum Film Festival invites all interested filmmakers to enter their short films, music videos, public service announcements and community news to the Second Annual Slum Film Festival to be held in Nairobi, Kenya 3 – 12 August.
The Slum Film Festival is a filmmakers’ festival, focused on supporting young filmmakers to improve their skills and creativity through a master workshop AND by a competition with cash prizes for the best short film proposals.